The Stages of Knowing About Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat.
- Hear about it. Get excited.
- Request a review copy. Get excited.
- Receive a review copy. Very super excited.
- Start reading. Be fascinated.
- Keep reading. Start to feel daunted.
- Finish the explanatory chapter. Sit staring into space, hovering around despair at being a dreadful cook and how will you ever improve?
- Realise you’ve been cooking for quite a while now and it generally tastes ok so there’s maybe no need to despair? Maybe there’s just room to improve?
- Look at some of the recipes. They’re pretty straightforward. So maybe learning to consciously think about salt, fat and acid won’t be so hard? Plus the flavour wheels are pretty useful?
- Get excited. Again.
That’s right folks. You can expect to hear a lot more about this book over the coming… months…