These were meant to be maple pecan cupcakes.
But I didn’t have any pecans (that’s PEEcans, as far as I am concerned), so I decided to substitute walnuts.
I didn’t have as many walnuts as I thought (uh… hardly any), so I mostly used almonds.
The icing was also meant to have candied pecans on top but sadly for their recipient I lost my desire to candy nuts somewhere and I haven’t found it again.
The icing does have butter, icing sugar, and maple syrup – and it has a wonderfully smoky sweet flavour as a consequence. The cupcakes themselves did not have the greatest texture; they really stuck to the paper, which made me a bit sad. Still, tasty enough.